Announcement for Faculty Position, Full-Time (Non-tenured), Native English Speaker in Social Work -Japan College of Social Work
1. Job title
Assistant Professor or Lecturer (Non-tenured), 1 person
2. Background required
This position is open to native speakers of English who are engaged in research and practice in the fields of social work.
3. Job Information
The successful candidate will be required to teach subjects related to “social work” (including seminars) in the Faculty of Social Welfare, and will also need to teach “English” in the undergraduate liberal arts course. In some cases, he or she will teach relevant lectures, etc. in the Graduate School.
In addition, it is expected that he or she would participate in activities such as international research exchanges in the Social Work Research Institute.
4. Employment status
Employment period: April 1, 2022 – March 31, 2025
（Depending on the situation of the faculty and performance of the successful applicant, after 3 years it is possible that the contract could be renewed or altered, including the possibility of the position being made a tenured one.）
(1) A native speaker of English who has the ability to understand some basic Japanese.
(2) A person who is enthusiastic about student education.
(3) Candidates for this position must have a minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent, and preferably a Ph.D., in a relevant field.
Salary: In accordance with the Japan College of Social Work employment regulations
Social insurance: Coverage will be provided by the Promotion and Mutual Aid Corporation for Private Schools of Japan (PMAC), etc.
7 Application Period
From the date of publication to August 31, 2021
8 Application Method
Application materials: Candidates should submit the following:
(1) Curriculum vitae (Please specify the date of birth, educational background and work history after graduating from high school.)
(2) Certificate of final university graduation (completion) and related qualifications
(3) List of research publications and practical achievements (Please specify whether each paper is peer-reviewed.)
(4) 3 research publications or practical activity reports that the applicant wishes to be reviewed, with a summary of each (about 150 words)
(5) Education and research aspirations and plans
①A statement of aspirations regarding educational methods and other matters at the Japan College of Social Work (about 650 words)
②A research plan that candidates would like to develop at the Japan College of Social Work (about 650 words)
(6) A letter of recommendation in Japanese or English
Submission method: All materials should be submitted to:
The General Affairs Section, Japan College of Social Work,
3-1-30 Takeoka, Kiyose-shi, Tokyo 204-8555, Japan
Note 1. All application materials should be in the form of PDF files and sent by E-mail. The subject line of the E-mail should be “Application for Faculty Position”. If it is difficult to send the materials by E-mail, please send them by registered mail or international courier by August 31, 2021. The delivery address is as mentioned above. Please label the envelope “Application for Faculty Position”.
Note 2. The letter of recommendation (item (6) above) should be sent by the recommender directly to the E-mail address above. The subject line of the E-mail should be “Recommendation letter for Faculty Position”.
9. Selection methods
Document screening, with short-listed candidates asked to attend an interview (a demonstration lesson may be required).
Any inquiries should be made only to the E-mail address listed above. The subject line of the E-mail should be “Inquiries: Application for Faculty Position”.faculty_position_full-time_non_tenured_2021