John Victor Rautenbach-National Representative of South Africa
Name: Dr John Victor Rautenbach
Email: [email protected]
Position within Board of Directors and Terms of Serving:
- National Representative of South Africa
- 2015 – 2019
- Co-chair of the governance task force
- Chair of the Standing Committee on the World Census of Social Work Programs
- Member of the Budget and Finance Committee.
Affiliation and Position (other than IASSW):
- Executive Committee Member of the Association of South African Social Work Education Institutions (ASASWEI).
Membership of organisations (other than IASSW):
- Registered Social Worker with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Human Services Information Technology Association – member
Educational Qualification/s: (Degrees):
- Doctorate – DPhil (Social Work): Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Master of Social Science (Social Work) – M.Soc Sci (SW): University of Fort Hare
- Bachelor of Social Science (Social Work) – B. Soc Sci (SW): Rhodes University
(Social Work, Psychology, Industrial Sociology)
Languages written and spoken:
- English and Afrikaans
Interest Areas (social work teaching, research and practice):
- Clinical Social Work and Casework.
- Relationships, Marriage and Family Transitions and Life Course Perspective.
- Youth at Risk, Restorative Justice and Child Justice Act.
- Community Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Interpretive Phenomenological Analysis, Concept Analysis and Evidence Based Practice.
Current Activities (social work teaching, research, practice, others):
- Lecturing and facilitation
- Post graduate supervision
- Academic writing
- University service and administration
- Community engagement